Saturday, July 2, 2016

Completely Blocked

It's been more than one month now, six weeks.
I have to face the fact that I am suffering from some kind of writer's block.
Never happened before.
I have ideas, I have characters, but when I put them on the page, they are without life. There is no fun in it anymore.
I need a way to find my writing again.
And I don't know where to start, but I need to get out of this hole I'm in.
So for this weekend I think I'll party myself stupid and take a vacation from myself.

3 comments:

  1. Just take you're time all your readers will still be here once the juices that following again :) .. FWIW Full House has probably been the best story I've read anywhere this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain. I've been through a similar feeling a few times over the last couple of years and it is very frustrating. I can share with you some of the things that worked for me if you'd like, but what has worked for me might not work for you.

      Delete
    2. Thank, Varian.
      As I said, I threw myself into a party last night and sort of gave my brain a good shake.
      I've spent one hour writing tonight: tomorrow we'll see if my new little story stands on its own legs.

      Delete