Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Based on a true story

OK, I'll share a "secret" that is no secret at all: the basic premise of "Turkish Delight" is taken from something that really happened.

When I was in high school, one of my schoolmates (let's call her T) was a very proper and serious girl.
Quiet, reserved, somewhat shy.
Then, when we were sixteen or so, she went with her family on a business trip/vacation in Turkey.
She came back after a month, and she had been transformed.
She smoked Turkish cigarettes (and weed), dressed in a very loud, dangerous way, put colored highlights in her hair, and it soon turned out she was sleeping around A LOT.

Her version of the story was

"there was this cute Turkish guy, he kept hitting on me and offering me cigarettes, and after a while I thought, why not?"






Why not indeed?
Everybody in our school was shocked. And none was more shocked and scandalized than ME, because at the time, remember, I was a rather priggish, judgemental goody-two-shoes.
What a silly girl I was!
I should have asked T to offer me one of her Turkish cigarettes. Just imagine where I would be today!

Anyway, this means, I guess, that i could write "Based on a true story" on the cover of my ebook.

6 comments:

  1. I think a lot of people have stories like that; if they didn’t go through a change like that themselves they know someone who did...I actually know two, one girl one boy :-)

    The girl I knew in school, she was this petite little blonde angel; she was always the shortest in class by a long way and combined with her delicate bone structure and baby face you’d always peg her as being at least two years younger than she actually was. She really was as sweet as she looked too, a genuine “Good” Girl in the best sense (not a Goodie Two Shoes or a Prig, just genuinely nice person...)

    Then one Summer Holiday she comes back and a swear to god she’s shot up two foot, put some solid meat & muscle on her bones so she no longer looks delicate and she must have gone up at least three cups sizes in the chest department...more than that though she’s no longer a sweet little angel, rather she gone fall bore Wild Child; she dyed her light blonde hair (and brows and eyelashes) flat black with electric blue highlights, her nose is pierced, her brow is pierced and if rumours were true so where a number of other things, and her clothes...well there wasn’t a lot but what there was was generally skin-tight and often included leather!!

    Previously she’d been quite and demure, now she was load and brassy; while she wasn’t exactly sleeping with anything with a pulse, she did have multiple relationships going at once at any given time from that point forward until I lost track of her, and it didn’t really seem to matter to her what sex (or age, or race etc) they were as long as they could keep up with her demands(and apparently she was very demanding...I swear her boyfriends aged in dog years...and didn’t know whether they should be happy or sad when she dumped them for a newer model...)

    Just to make sure everyone understands how shocking this transformation was; over here we only get about 6 weeks of School Summer Holiday, I think she might have gone on Holiday a week early that year, and she was probably already started on her “Growth Spurt” before she left, but still...the first day back at School when she walk through the door, you’d have sworn a 20 year old prostitute had taken a wrong turn...and when people found out who she actually WAS...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I forgot one of the best parts; remember how I mentioned the boyfriends never knew whether they should be happy or sad when she dumped them?

    Well her girlfriends never had that problem...because she never dumped them; there were never as many as the boyfriends, but what she do, see spot a gril she liked, seduce them, utterly corrupted them and then added them to her permanent collection...yep your reading the implications right, she had her own Lesbian Harem...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!
      Sounds like my kind of girl!
      I have a few other examples of these complete turns - usually in girls - and they make for a great inspiration.
      But much more than the transformation ... it happens, and it can be pretty fast, what I find crazy is the growing spurt you describe.
      Even if, now that I think about it... ok, this I'll save for another post.

      Delete
    2. Bit of downer RL aside; there was probably something pretty traumatic going on at home that had her acting that way...in fact if her home life was “normal” there’s no way she could have been doing half the stuff she clearly was doing...

      Of course no one ELSE actually did anything either...

      For all that she never actually seemed to be overwhelmed...more like one day she just gone “Fuck It” and decided to squeeze everything out of life she possible could...

      Heh, making it more interesting is she was doing all of this in a fairly boring Middle Class neighbourhood, accept for her and her little band of converts there was anyone else even CLOSE to being anything like them.

      Delete
    3. Yes, I was thinking about trauma, too, but the other way around: a friend of mine back in school really bloomed (physically and mentally) as soon as she got away from her oppressive family. What was traumatic was her "normality".
      Weird story, but ended well, so, fine like that.

      Delete
    4. That sounds intriguing?

      As for the physical change, I’ve seen a few instances of “Extreme Puberty” ;-)

      For all the big changes everyone undergoes during puberty, it’s usually pretty predictable and stretched over years, but just occasionally you get stuff happening that sounds more like something that would be more at home in a story on the internet...

      For example I knew a girl whose breasts grew about a Cup size a week for a time, boosting her from an AAA-Cup (training bra size) to about an F-Cup in under 6 months, I knew another woman who didn’t really develop at all until she was about 24...by the time she was 25 she was a curvy bombshell with a healthy pair of Double Ds and she had to get all her IDs and what have redone because no one could recognise her from the old data/descriptions/photos...in both cases the doctors assured them nothing was wrong/out of the ordinary (like they had hypertrophy or what have you) it was just puberty...

      Delete