Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Tour de force


In "The Eleventh Commandment" I left hanging a big loose end - and I mean of course the Mary Beth/Plenty story, about her transformation and her (obviously wicked) plans for her daughter.
And I REALLY love curvy, blue-haired Plenty.
Much more than Shadow, actually.

Then, I went to a party on Friday night, and I came home around three am on Saturday morning, too buzzed to sleep, and I just sat at my keyboard and wrote, and by five pm the same day I had a 13.000 words story about Plenty and her daughter.
And I don't know what those pills were that I did at the party, but I'll need to get me a big supply!!

Anyway, on Sunday I revised and expanded the text and now I have here a good 17.000 words worth of story, and I really really like it.
It's deliciously naughty, wickedly evil and a lot of fun. My best so far.
But of course I wrote it, so I'm biased.
It's called "Doing Charlotte".
I'll start posting it in parts - and I don't know if it's better to do a short run with long chapters, or a long run with shorter chapters.
What do you say, guys?

8 comments:


  1. I’d tend to let the story decide; looking for good stopping points in the narrative, rather than rigidly stick to either “long” or “short” chapters...sorry not much help really :-(

    Can’t wait to see what you’ve got though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for answering anyway: the story develops over the course of a week, so that's the obvious subdivision.
      But I wanted to get my readers opinion, too.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see Plenty corrupt her daughter! As for the question, I agree with the other commenter that how it flows should determine how you break it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like Plenty's plan, Steve ;)
      I had lots of fun writing the new story.
      I'll take one or two days to put the finishing touches to the story, and then start posting - seven days of story in eight parts (because on Saturday... ah, no spoilers...)

      Delete
  3. I am very eager to read "Doing Charlotte". On a side note, if you figure out what those pills were, please let me know. My writing could use the boost in productivity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Given that you said it takes place over the course of a week that type of subdivision could be really nice; kind of like reading into a diary of what is happening slowly over the period of time.

    Of course whatever you decide will be fine in the end I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It starts tomorrow, it will run for eight days. I hope you'll let me know what you think.

      Delete