I have the best friends in the world.
I got a mail, half an hour ago, by a friend in Italy, who told me there is going to be a new Italian translation of the classic stories by H.P. Lovecraft.
Who cares, right?
Wait for it: this is going to be a "modern reimagined translation", and who knows what that means.
Maybe Lovecraft's characters will use cell-phones and the web?
Or will they just say "Fuck!" and discuss Trump and the latest Avengers movie?
So during lunchbreak I called my friend (we've got Skype on the shop's PC now, yay!!) and we spent half an hour laughing and just talking bullshit, trying to imagine what a modern reimagining of Lovecraft might sound like.
And then he said to me
You should try and do some porn mashups of the Old Gentleman.
And I told him that put that way it sounded dirty, and twisted.
But of course I started thinking about it.
You know, like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, only naughty.
Because if he was something, Lovecraft was asexual, and yet from Lovecraft to tentacle sex it's a really small step.
Like, REALLY small.
So here I am, checking out the list of Lovecraft stories, looking for one that's suitable.
I might do The Shunned Cathouse.
The strange high whorehouse in the mist.
The Wet Dreams in the Witch House.
The Naughty Picture in the House.
He put a lot of houses in his stories, didn't he?
But also Pickman's Nude Model sounds promising.
And it's a pity The Call Girl of Cthulhu's been done already.
I really really want to try now.
Any suggestions?
I still can't post in the comments, but I'll reply to your suggestions in a separate post.

No comments:
Post a Comment