Saturday, October 13, 2018

Updates

Here I am again.
We've been hit hard by the flu, and that's a drag when you have a shop to keep going.
As a result me and my girlfriend took turns, one minding the shop and the other staying at home and feeling miserable.
I've been lousy for over a week, and I'm seriously thinking of crushing the aspirin and snort it. Should make it more effective, right?



As a result I've written very little, and I am angry at myself and at the whole situation.
Will have to get back to work on the double.

And I read something.
My friend D is writing a noirish story that features a "sort of corruption scene" and he asked me to check it out. And I had nothing better to do right?
Well, the whole story is very PG13, but with some pretty dark vibes, and there is one detail I really loved: there is a single lengthy scene, taking place during a poker match, in which we see the main character evolve from naive young girl into a cynical femme fatale.
By the time you hit the end you realize you've just read the edit of a number of games over a long time, but it's pretty smooth, and the effect is incredibly sexy.
I will have to steal it.

Finally, there is the news about G+ shutting down next year.
What a drag!
I am currently experimenting with MeWe, so you'll be able to catch me there.
And now, I'll brew myself a hot chamomile and wait for my better half to come home.
Where's the goddamn aspirin, now...

2 comments: