Belle, the second of my Twisted Fantasies has been blocked by Amazon/KDP for reasons as yet undisclosed.
And OK, it is possibly the dirtiest story I ever wrote, but what the hell!
According to my friend D., who had a go at the story as a beta, the posible reason is the scene involving the Beast and Bambi's mother. I'll have to go through the text and downscale the violence.
But as D. also said
It's not Christmas if Amazon doesn't fuck up.
Anyway, you'll have to be patient.
As I am going to revise the text, I'll expand and improve the story.
But I am not puttinghand to the text until Amazon does not reply my messages explaining exactly what's got their knicks in a twist.
Meanwhile, I am putting the finishing touches on a long thing called Generations.
Corruption. Fetish. Girl-on-girl action. And then again.
It's a fun thing based on an old idea, and I planned to release it for Christmas, but it will probably go up sooner.
I'm currently going through it on the double.
Hoping KDP doesn't kill this one too.

AI is what got Amazon's panties in a twist. IOW, they probably don't know themselves and are unlikely to answer why their AI redflagged your book.
ReplyDeleteI love your work, as ever. Your creativity seems to have no bound, and this is what entices your readers to follow.
ReplyDeleteJust a thought, but whilst you have a successful Amazon business to reward your writing, would you ever consider posting your smaller works here on your site? This would be two-fold, giving new readers a flavor of your works, and maybe bring more over to your Amazon site.
I am always cautious in indicating the age of my characters and they are never below 18, but my stories involve a lot of sex both straight and lesbian; sexual transformation; identity and race change; women becoming slaves or prostitutes and being collared and leashed and I have been publishing on Amazon for five years now. The times when I have had difficulties in getting material up there have been on two grounds.
ReplyDeleteThe main one is that the story is somewhere else usually for free. This has caused me some problems like when a site in Korea started stealing stuff and putting it up there without attribution. I have also found work on Pirate Bay and it has been difficult at times to get it taken down. The other way this has occurred has been with short story collections when two stories have developed from the same roots and Amazon feels they are too close to be sold in separate collections on the basis I am getting people to pay twice for roughly the same material.
The other problem which has stopped me getting my books up has been the covers. As anyone can see from my catalogue they almost all have a clearly sexual image. I seek to avoid anything that might be copyright and often do collages to move it away from stuff it might look like that could be challenged. One thing I have learned is to avoid red as it comes out really poorly on Amazon's site and they sometimes suddenly decide they do not like it and freeze a book until I redo the cover. However, that does not look like a problem with yours with sticking a lot to white. Size of image can also be an issue and I really carefully check pixel size of the images and pixelation when uploading.
You probably know all of this stuff but thought I would point out what has caused me problems. Amazon will never tell you why they have rejected a book, they always leave it to you to work out what is 'wrong' with it, which can be highly exasperating.