Thursday, August 23, 2018

Waiting for Mister Bezos and cut scenes

And so, "Transformed" is now being reviewed by KDP for publication.
I am a little nervous as usual, because I have learned the hard way that Amazon moves in Mysterious Ways.
Will the approve of it?
Will they kill it?
Will they lock it up into the Adult Dungeon without an explanation?

We shall see.

"Transformed" started out as a quickie, called "The wife, transformed", and turned into a 25000 words novella featuring a lot of naughty things and some little experiments.
It was fun to write, sometimes frustrating, and my what an awful lot of conservative rubbish had I to read to really stoke my hatred for this "movement" out there.
But let us not get into that now. That's in the past.
I'll probably find more inspiration in the crap these ladies are pushing, but that's for another time.

The story actually was 28000+ words, but then one of my beta readers (yes, I have betas! Thank you mom!) pointed out two scenes that could cause problems with the strict and somewhat baffling Amazon rules for contents.
In particular a steamy bit featuring a Boy Scout and a Girl Scout could be critical.
No sex under the age of consent, Amazon sez, even if the age of consent is the point of the whole scene, and it tells us something about the universe in which the character has been projected by the prism.

But better safe than sorry.
I cut the scenes and adjusted the text.
Once the book is published, I will post the cut scenes here as a bonus for you guys. But not before, because they would spoil the story itself.

Meanwhile, let's wait for KDP's evaluation, and let's start working on the next story.

2 comments:

  1. Amazon has released it. Thought you might want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fantastic! I loved every bit of it, although a little more on day 0 to see the after could have been cool. Either way great stuff!

    ReplyDelete