I have just uploaded the new file for RAVEN on Amazon, and it is currently in review. The finished product is almost twice as long as the original (no length jokes, please) and features a beautiful cover by my friend D.
Now, unless Amazon's Smut Squad decides to put its foot down and flag my book like porn (but why should they? because of the lesbian sex and the threesomes and the rest? Come on, Smut Squad, be serious...), the file will be online in 24 to 36 hours.
At that point, if you already bought RAVEN in its first incarnation, your file should be updated automatically, as long as you have checked that option.
Hopefully there will not be glitches with KU, and KU readers will be able to access the new file straight away.
Or you can just go and buy it, if you did not buy it the first time.
Now I can go back to the ton of things I have to do.
But not tonight.
It's saturday, it's almost 6 pm, and tonight we are going out.
Hooray!

Hi, are any of the people who already own Raven having problems getting the new/updated version to download? I mean what’s happening to me, is I go to the device management section on Amazon, and it shows the new version, but I download it to my kindle and it downloads a copy of the old version with the old cover, I even delete the old version off the device first, but no luck…
ReplyDeleteI had bought the old Raven and tried to down load the new Raven. It kept downloading the old one. I finally deleted the old and bought the new. Although it say Raven update, the cover is the same and I don’t feel like there is anything different. The length does not seem longer and I feel I am still get the first versions.
ReplyDeletehow long was the old version and how long is the new version?
ReplyDeleteI filed the second comment in getting the first edition even though it said 2nd. I have finally been able to get the true revised edition to download.
ReplyDeleteI was just going to write about the same problem when I found these comments. I really loved 'Raven', I have read it a number of times and wrote a novella inspired by it. When I saw the second edition today (I had not been on Amazon for a while) I rushed to buy it. When I encountered the problems listed here, I removed the 1st edition from my Kindle and thought I was starting from scratch, but it only downloaded the 1st edition again. Having looked at the preview, I knew there should be additional text about the 2nd edition at the start, so I could easily tell that I had just got the 1st edition again. It does make entering the edition of the book you are uploading, as Amazon encourages, a waste of time.
ReplyDeleteCan Anonymous explain how s/he finally got the 2nd edition? I wonder if the title has to be more different as I know from my own publishing that sometimes Amazon 'link' comments, for example, to a title even when you alter the book greatly. I do wonder now if some readers of my books are getting older editions than the one on sale now.
I thought I had managed to pull it off by going back to my Amazon orders and clicking on 'Deliver'. I managed to get the title to change to 'Extended Second Edition' in my Kindle Library but with the 1st edition front cover and when I looked inside it was the 1st edition content. Clearly there is something which means if you bought the 1st edition it is blocking you from overwriting that with the 2nd edition even if you 'Delete' or 'Remove from Device' the 1st edition!
ReplyDeleteI still keep trying but there is something about the 1st edition which means even if you delete it entirely off you machine and you manage your Kindle where it shows you have bought the 2nd edition, the first keeps popping up I do not know where from. Incredibly depressing to be so close but so far. The irony is, if I had never bought the 1st edition I could read the 2nd edition now!
ReplyDeleteTang,
ReplyDeleteI literally had to delete the 1st version from my books and purchase the 2nd version to get it to load. The cost was minimal so thought if that was the only way to get the update so be it. By the way the additions are great!
I found your story of Raven to be very sexually arousing. I loved it. I have a suggestion for future stories. You brilliantly showed how the seeds of Raven were buried inside of Sara. At some point Sara did realize that the cigarillos were changing her to what society sees as taboo. She embraced that change by continuing to use the cigarillos. I would suggest that you continue the initial approach throughout the story. Allow all the decisions by the women to be their free choice. Given the options for their sexual lives, they chose debauchery. An agent of change, like the cigarillos, still can be part of the story, not as something changing the women's mind, but only as something that alters the woman’s body to be as sexy as she wants, all the way to total sex goddess, if she so chooses. I believe that would be so erotic. Thanks for listening.
ReplyDeleteI tried again. I have deleted every file relating to 'Raven' that I can find on my Kindle or in my computer and try to re-buy from Amazon. Despite all the deletions, Amazon insists I already own the book and will not let me buy it again. Despite downloading the 2nd Edition repeatedly, and even saying it is on my Kindle, it always in fact defaults back to the 1st. I can only think it is something to do with a record Amazon has, rather than anything on my machines.
ReplyDeleteTang,
ReplyDeleteTry down loading it to a different device, say your phone instead of your kindle.