Monday, May 21, 2018

Updates

First things first: thank you all for your support and comments.
I still can't comment on my own posts, nor on anyone else's posts (my latest comments of Varian Milagro's blog disappeared without a trace), and even cleaning thebrowser's cache did not do the trick.
It's a mystery.

Meanwhile, here's various updates that I hope you will find interesting.
Also, I'll need an opinion from you, so pay attention, please!



The Juice.
I am looking into various solutions.
Smashwords is a royal pain in the ass when it comes to formatting the files.
A friend suggested Gumroad, that is fast, doesn't interfere with my texts and also pays higher fees, but they will not carry adult content.
But I will figure out a way to make the story available.

Please be patient.

Oh, yes! A friend suggested Amazon got nasty because of a single line, about three pages from the end of the book, in which one of the characters says "Let's ravish her!"
(uhm, yep, I know... I'm a bad girl - but it was a playful, consensual sort of ravishing!)
So I'll try and see what happens should I change that line, and a few other details, and see if Amazon gets sweeter.

Rebuilding Sabrina
The story will go on, and I'm planning on publishing two or three chapters per week, as soon as I've figured out in which direction to take the story.
I hope you guys are still interested in reading it.

The Blue Flame
Remember that story I sent to a publisher and that was rejected?
It was loosely based on a picture I guess you guys remember...



Well, I've reworked it, and I am planning a trilogy, called The Chronicles of the Blue Flame.
It's a fantasy, I mean a proper Lord of The Rings sort of fantasy.
Well, OK... with a lot of extra corruption, transformations, straight sex, group sex, lesbian sex, human/ogre sex, kinkiness and all the things I like.
Considering what happened to the Juice, I am working on this one so that it will fly under Amazon's radars. I'm keeping it classy, so to speak, whil estill making it as steamy as possible.
And it is a nice opportunity, I hope, to break into a different market.
Because for all its naughtiness, this is going to be a nicely plotted fantasy too.

So, here's the big question.
Do you think I should go with my usual byline, as Tamara Vincent, or should I use an alias? Both choices have their pros and cons.
Maybe add a letter?
Tamara F. Vincent, or something?
Please give me your opinion. The first volume is coming out soon.

2 comments:

  1. >It's a fantasy, I mean a proper Lord of The Rings sort of fantasy.
    What does 'a proper lord of the rings fantasy' mean? Lord Of The Rings had deep world building, it had original races based on mythological creatures, it had elves-dwarves-orcs that by now are such a popular trope it's getting boring, it's setting was medieval - another popular trope in fantasy settings, and it was a High Fantasy - which is basically saying the world it's set on is very far removed from Earth. There are many things that could be meant, when you say 'a proper Lord-Of-The-Rings fantasy' and not all of them are good things that will make your story interesting.

    I think you should keep your alias for it. You're not really breaking into a different market: you still have supernatural erotic corruption - the theme Tamara Vincent is known for. It's not like you suddenly went and wrote a completely non-erotic fantasy or a YA romance or an Mystery/Crime story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that you should still use Tamara Vincent as your name for Blue Flame. You already have a fanbase who knows you and the story is 100% your style.

    I love the Rebuilding Sabrina story keep it up.

    If Gumroad is an issue, try ich.io. I see people selling porn their all the time.

    As a side note I'm still hoping for another Hellen’$ Cat Hou$e book. I love the series.

    ReplyDelete