Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Experiments

I'm not gone, I've just been busy planning some new experiment.
You see, Amazon knocking "The Juice" really knackered me.
As I explained, it was a long story, and one on which I had worked for a long time. Seeing it killed like that scared me.
What if the next one goes the same way?
What if I put long hours into it, and then if fizzes?

And also, the idea of writing something VERY naughty but so clean and proper it will pass the Amazon tests is kind of exciting.
My friend D says having limits and no-go areas is good because it forces us to be more imaginative, and write better.

I've been doing some reading and research and stuff recently, and now I have a new idea I'd like to try, using this obliquous approach.
I'm planning a series, a little like my Cathou$e series, getting progressively wilder as the series progresses and new characters are added to the cast.
It's about three bored suburban housewives that start a witches' coven for a lark, and sort of get carried away.
I've yet to find a title.
Of one thing I'm sure: "Charmed" it won't be.



3 comments:

  1. How about "Carried away" then? Also, I suggested before that you can always publish on Smashwords what you can't publish on Amazon. They're more relaxed about what you can publish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to it. Also, have you considered setting up a Paypal account and selling PDF copies of "The Juice"? I for one would be a willing customer.

    ReplyDelete