Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Replies

Quickly before I go to work...

@Eugene
I was being quick and superficial (ah! that's me, right?)
What I have here is a secondary-world fantasy that uses many of the standard tropes of the genre. Especially the more commercial examples of the genre, I think (a friend called my story "a D&D sex romp"... I might use that as a tag line).
In term sofworld-building (I have followed a course on the subject! Yay!) I am working on the fly: I have a clear idea of what sort of setting I want, I am dropping elements in the story where they are needed and when they are needed, making up said pieces as I go on writing, with an eye to my general notes.
There are many "typical" tropes in my story, including a dark lord, non-human (or rather not-completely-human) races etc., but I am trying not to get trapped in abject imitation or in collection points for putting in bits and pieces just because Tolkien (or any other author) put them there in their time.


But about Lord-of-the-Rings-style fantasy: am I the only one that fanthasized about an alternative timeline in which Galadriel actually accepts the offered ring, and sets herself up as this sort of dominatrix-style elven queen bitch?
No one did anything with this? Really?
If so, fanfic writers are REALLY letting me down.

@Erebus Nox
Thanks for the suggestions and the support.
I will check out ich.io (or did you mean itch.io?) and see if it can work for me.

@everybody else
Thank you for being there.

Oh, and yes, I will publish The Blue Flame in my name.
Thanks for the suggestions, everybody.

2 comments:

  1. >am I the only one that fanthasized about an alternative timeline in which Galadriel actually accepts the offered ring, and sets herself up as this sort of dominatrix-style elven queen bitch?
    Oh, damn! That doesn't sound too bad!

    My problem with erotic stories in a fantasy setting is that they are most of the time very cliche. There's no depth in the world building, no depth in the character building and it's basically porn with cliche magic spells, swords, elves and orks/ogres. I really hope you don't go the same way as these stories go.

    >I will check out ich.io (or did you mean itch.io?) and see if it can work for me
    I think it was itch.io, but itch.io only has adult games, there's like 5 ebooks with erotica tag on it.

    About your replies problem. I did a help search and it seems you're not the only person to encounter it:
    https://support.google.com/blogger/forum/AAAAY7oIW-wdR-wWF1aMGY?hl=en
    https://productforums.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#%21category-topic/blogger/something-is-broken/HvgM0Ycb9jQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I meant itch.io. Sorry I messed up.

    ReplyDelete