First of all, thank you Paul Jones for your comments and your hypotheses.
I've noted down everything you wrote because there's a lot of nice ideas for future stories in there.
Keep them coming!
BUT...
Your reasoning is very sound, but you made one critically wrong assumption; without that assumption, I'm pretty sure you'd have nailed the right answer.
But of course, you couldn't know certain details, and your assumption, while wrong, was quite reasonable.
But wrong.
So, what's going down?
What Paul got wrong is that RAVEN did not sell so well after I went and expanded it.
And in fact, I for one did not think the story would sell, especially considering it was a Version 2.0 of a story that had bombed pretty badly the first time around.
But here's the surprise: the new version of RAVEN was highly appreciated, and is steadily on the way of becoming my best-seller, in direct competition with the Hellen's Cathou$e stories.
So, where does that leave us?
Follow me.
You will remember that Raven pushed one box of the magic Strega Gitana cigars on her isster-in-law, Maureen. Well, OK, se actually pushed her tongue down Maureen's throat together with two lungfuls of magic smoke, but that's a detail...
Her idea was to humiliate the no-smoke activist and possibly turn her into a biker chick and sister/lover/partner-in-crime of sorts.
In the end, we know, Whip took this role, because the magic chigars had a different effect on Maureen, turning her into a totally amoral pink-haired nympho with big boobs - because that was, evidently, her darkest fantasy.
The last time we heard about Maureen, after some pretty intense threesome sessions with Raven and Clutch, she was cruising on a stolen sportscar, in the company of a lot of stolen money, half a bottle of vodka and a bag of coke, driving off into the sunset towards Vegas and places west, with the explicit intent of having a good time.
The story I am writing goes back to before Sara's transformation in Raven, and it will be narrated from the point of view of Maureen. It will give us a full detail of what Maureen went through as the magic smoke was working on her, the development of her pink-haired nympho persona, and then we'll follow her on her journey, at least for a while.
And I am currently about six thousand words into it, and I plan this to be a 15/20.000 words story. But I love Maureen, I'm having lots of fun putting her through hell before giving her full release, and the story is writing itself pretty fast.
I hope this does not deflate your expectations, guys.
Rest assured that I note down everything you suggest in the comments in terms of future stories, and sooner or later I'll write it all.

OMG! I am in ecstasy. I honestly did not think that there would be another story with Raven in it. And I truly love her character. As I said, I assumed that the revised version had not sold well. But Tamara, you deserve it. Both the “Helen’s Cathouse” series and “Raven” are two of your best, and are outstanding works of literature. So, it’s great that they are selling well. In both, we see a woman totally embrace her sexuality: completing adopting the role of a sex goddess, seeking sex with every moment, and luxuriating in its pleasure. Yet they are strikingly different in their attitude about their role in the world. Raven is mad at the conventional world that deprived her of years of her true self by indoctrinating her with its beliefs. She wants vengeance on everyone and thing that ever constrained her, and she takes it out on her former boyfriend, and Maureen. Actually, he doesn’t deserve it. But Raven is a bitch. Hardly lovable, because Raven must have her way. And yet she pulls those around her into her erotic world. In Helen, I think that you best portrayed a woman’s complete acceptance of her uninhibited love of being erotic. She makes it her whole life, having sex, assisting other women to develop their sexuality, assisting men to enjoy and expand their sexuality. Yet she does not demand or even induce anyone to like her. She stands ready to assist anyone to be their true sexual self, but if it is not you, she is fine with that. Not mad at the conventional world that screwed her for many years, she offers only tolerance and pleasure.
ReplyDeleteSo, what will Maureen be? Since she is allied with Raven, I would guess that she will try to wreck the conventions of society, while fucking anyone to whom she is attracted. We’ll see. Can’t hardly wait, but we’ll have to.
>I hope this does not deflate your expectations, guys.
ReplyDeleteLet me check... Nope, the "expectation" is still inflated...
Seriously, though. Here's an idea:
You have a lot of stories with a main theme where some magical object corrupts the protagonist and changes their body. How about only having the magic corrupt the protagonist and let them do body modifications to reflect their corrupted state on their own?