Friday, January 27, 2017

Expanding the Busine$$ - Helen's back

Do you remember HelenCiambotti, the unemployed single mother that started a new life as a smoking fetish model and a hooker?
She's the main character in Make End$ Meet, and some of her girls (and her daughter!) appear in the short Emily I posted a while back.

Well, I had so much fun writing Emily, I expanded it and it blew up into a new 10.000 words story.
More loose women, more corruption, more sex, more drugs, fetish and debauchery.
I think you'll like it.
I sure like it a lot!
It's called Expanding the Busine$$.


... and of course, Emily is also the name of the heroine in the Prism stories.
Well, of course, it's no relation, just me having a short list of character names, right?
But ... but ... but... what if I did a crossover?

What if I am already doing a crossover, and the Helen Ciambotti stories take place in an alternate universe in which Emily married a dentist and then started a story with her husband's nurse, and then she... oooooooh!
Damn, this is too cool not to start work on it as soon as possible!

6 comments:

  1. Read the story. Great as always! My only regret is that it's too fast-paced. In fact I find most of your stories too fast-paced, but that could be just me and your other fans may find the pace just perfect. On the subject of crossovers: I hate crossovers with a vengeance. The reason is that when you're reading a series and the author decides to do a crossover with another series, they introduce a character from another series, but the backstory of the character stays in that other series. So if you hadn't read the other series you find yourself confused. For example if you were to introduce a character from "the prism" into "make ends meet" the readers who are not familiar with "the prism" will likely find themselves confused if you don't describe the setting of the prism because the story is likely to be peppered with references to the prism that would need to be given context. You could briefly describe the context for those references so that the readers not familiar with the prism could understand the story better, but then the readers familiar with the prism will find themselves skipping those parts which isn't good for the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about the pace! You told me already, and I tried but I can't make myself slow down.
    I guess I am a quickie sort of girl after all ;)
    And I see what you mean about crossovers.
    But I don't think I'd do it that way. Every story has to be complete and must stand alone, or it has no meaning. Even if the system you describe probably forces readers to buy more books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you yourself prefer the pace that way, then perhps it's better for it to stay that way, after all, I can't be speaking for everybody when it comes to these things. Though perhaps "in the interest of science" you should try to experiment with it and try to write a story with the slowest pace possible. That's more for you than for the readers. The idea behind this torturing of yourself is that perhaps you lack experience in writing slower-paced stories and could something new by forcing yourself to slow down.

      Also, I have a notoriously bad memory when it comes to my advices - I quickly forget what I advised to whom, so it shouldn't be surprising that I'm telling you the same thing again. I'm not nagging, I quite frankly forgot that I told you about the pace before :)

      I'm glad that you feel that every story should be able to stand alone, I think the same way. And the system I describe actually forces me to buy less. I bought a book once, that was part of an ongoing series, but it described events that happenned after a crossover with another series and thus was confusing. I'm wary of buying that author's books now.

      Delete
    2. To make myself a bit clearer: what I'm proposing about slow pace is a writing excersize, the story doesn't have to be finished or anything. You might learn something while forcing yourself to write in slow paced mode, but the story itself should be regarded as a throwaway.

      Delete
  3. I absolutly loved this book, and series. I cannot wait for the next installment. I wish you would have showed more of Lisa's transformation and i ready to see her corrupt Sara. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this story, and am finding that I love them all. Haven't read 100% of your catalog yet, but I intend to. I"m sure you keep your email private, but is there any way that I can send you an idea I have for a story plot? I think you'd be perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete