Wednesday, January 3, 2018

"Elena's such a slut..."

My mother always says Lugano's the most boring city in the world, and I generaly tend to agree with her.
And yet...
This morning I was waiting for the bus, and I happened to eavesdrop on the conversation of two girls in their mid-teens.
Yes, I know, it's not polite, but I don't give a damn. And anyway, they were bitching about a schoolmate of theirs - Elena.
She apparently stole the boyfriend of one of the two, or maybe of a friend's of theirs. Lots of New Year's Eve angst and evil. And all of a sudden, the conversation takes a weird twist...


"Oh," says one of the two (black hair, silver dawn jacket) "Elena's such a slut!"
"Yeah!" replies the other (hair hidden by knitted cap, thick woolen coat) "And she's into black magic, too."

Now I probably did a double take, but that's what the girl said: "magia nera", black magic.

So I moved closer and kept listening, thinking maybe this was something like a D&D or videogame thing.
But no, apparenbtly Elena is really into something like wicca or new age or what.
And all of this really makes me like her a lot.

The two girls were going all poisonous about the fact that Elena doesn't smoke but then does magic shrooms, but then their bus arrived and I had a very hard time deciding whether to get on the wrong bus and keep listening, and arrive late at the shop, or to let them go and be a good working bee.
Bee, that's me.
I let them go and got to work on time.

But I like it like that, really.
I hopefully will get more details tomorrow morning, but in the meantime black magic slut Elena will grow in my imagination.
Something nice might come out of it.
Well, my sort of "nice", anyway...

And I'd like to write something because I feel for poor Elena.
"Different", probably strong-willed, good at pulling guys, not very popular with the girls, and she's automatically a slut and a witch.
I hope she keeps going, and shows her two schoolmates that black-magic sluts are winners.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you catch more of their conversations. I love listening in on conversations when in public. It can be quite inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's inspiring, often surprising, and also good to get the rhythm of speech people use.
      The only important bit: don't get caught!

      Delete