Saturday, May 20, 2017

That awkward moment...

... when your mother starts reading your ebooks.


She: You know darling, you seem to have a BIG problem with a number of mommy issues.
(flaps lashes innocently)

Me: Uh--oh...

She: But they are pretty hot mommy issues, so it's OK.
(smiles wickedly)

Me: Listen...?

She: You know what? I like best the ones in which it's the mother that seduces and corrupts her daughter.



And then she picks up the phone and calls her friends and suggests them they buy and read my "Cathouse" stories.

I guess I am paying for my sins.

6 comments:

  1. Well, people usually ask their friends and relatives to beta-read their stories... And now you can too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost miss the uptight, overly serious mom with whom I fought through my adolescence.
    And now of course she wants to suggest idea for future stories...
    But yes, she's awesome, and yes, she'd love to beta-read my stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I applaud your courage to share your stories with the people in your life. I wish I had your courage. I've kept almost all of my writing secret from my the people I know in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got problems with my old job, when my writing and a few tweets of mine were brought to the attention of Management, so I perfectly understand the need for privacy.
      And truth to be told, two or three years ago I would have never shared my stories with my mother.
      But our relationship sort of shifted recently, and after years of rows and bitching we are now more like friends and partners-in-crime than mother/daughter.
      It is still terribly embarrassing when she comments openly: she's got a mischievous streak.
      But I guess I'll get used to that :D

      Delete
    2. I'm happy that your relationship with you mother has improved. That has to feel good.

      Delete