Thursday, February 4, 2016

The 11th Commandment - a small preview

I drove home chewing on my nicotine gum, and trying to work out the mysterious Avril “Blaze” Wood. Former teacher of Women Studies in college, and now a big-breasted vixen in skin-tight jeans, chainsmoking and explaining me how, together with her partner, the hunkiest web designer I ever met, they were delivering fifty thousand dollars in counterfeit banknotes when the Sheriff’s men had pulled them over.
I would have to review my notes after dinner, but it looked like there was little we could use. The deputies had been thorough and professional, as far as I could tell.
Once home, I peeled off my trench-coat, and I dropped my skirt, suit and blouse in the basket. They smelt of Wood’s stale smoke. So did my hair and my skin. I slipped out of my undies and spent ten minutes under the shower, rubbing my head vigorously and pouring abundant chamomile-perfumed shampoo.
When I got out from under the jet, and wrapped myself in a towel, no trace of the foul smell remained. I dried my hair with another towel. I put back on my glasses, the lenses steamed, and I arranged my wet hair so that it would not fall in my eyes.
Then I went and checked out what was in the refrigerator for me. I tucked the bathrobe in place. I thought about Avril Wood’s ample bosom, and how she would probably have to use a larger towel. I wondered if they called her Blaze for the fact that she was constantly lighting up.

9 comments:

  1. I just recently found your blog but really enjoy what I've seen so far and look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to read the story! how long will it be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to have it ready for this weekend, but the characters ran away with the story...
    I hope to publish it on this blog by St. Valentine's Day, but don't take my word for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this going to be Shadow's story or the Geeks in Love gone Bad story? I'm looking forward to BOTH so eithers fine, I was just wondering?

      Delete
  4. Uh, sorry! Yes, this is getting confusing, isn't it?
    This is an excerpt from the first draft of Shadow's story, that will be called "The 11th Commandment".
    The Geeks in Love... ah, the characters won't play, and I'm stuck, so I'm going on with the other tale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, thanks for letting me know, I can't wait to read it :-)

    As to the stall out on the other? It completely sucks when that happens...do you want to talk out the idea with me? Sometimes it helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I'll just let the story sleep for a while, and then pick it up again.
      Should everything else fail, I'll give you a sign...

      Delete