Nice little girl, very smart, pestered me forever for me to read her a ghost story.
Hey, I love ghost stories!
So we picked a ghost stories book she had got from the school library, an old collection of ghost stories for young readers, and I activated my "weird aunt Tamara" persona, and read her a story called "Miss Emmeline Prende il Volo" (something like "Miss Emmeline Takes Flight" in the original, I guess), about a spinster that develops witch powers and starts flying around on a broom.
Not a ghost in sight, and my young friend complained about that, but she agreed the story was quite fun.
Then she went for her afternoon nap.
Good girl.
While my ward was napping, I browsed a copy of a fashion magazine, because it featured a piece about Carmen Dell'Orefice, the famous top model, that's still going strong while being in her 80s. Turns out the lady led a pretty wild life.
And I mean WILD.
Wild as in being part of a "foursome" for about fifteen years.
Yep, it's what you imagine it is.
She also lost everything she had TWICE, due to fast living and bad investments and excesses.
She is very sexy, for an elder dame, and has a hint of malice, sort of a Cruella DeVille vibe.
And as I was coming home on the bus after my friend came back, I got this wild idea, of a title for a story.
Miss Emmeline Corrupts Her Neighbor.
About this very sexy older lady that looks just like Carmen Dell'Orefice (but maybe not as old), and that is actually into all sorts of weird and excessive and sexy stuff, and loves to corrupt people.
And I had another flash as soon as those ideas fit together.
Another title.
Miss Emmeline Corrupts Herself.
Because a new series has to start somewhere.
The fun part being, of course, that I do not have the slightest idea about how these stories will develop. They are just a couple fun titles, and a few images of a very sexy older bad girl.
I will let you know if something happens.



Sounds like a fun concept, once you get it going I imagine it could even blossom into a series.
ReplyDeleteI hope to make this a long series like CatHou$e.
DeleteFingers crossed, but not crossed enough to stop me from typing.
Nice idea, almost an inverted, twisted version of Mary Poppins.
ReplyDeleteLike Dustin, Id be intrigued to see how that idea takes fruition, and in which direction will it go?
"what if Cruella de Ville was Mary Poppins?"
Delete(and by the way, 'Mary Poppins' sounds pretty naughty, in Italian, you know...)
Thank you guys.
ReplyDeleteI am currently 10.000 words into the first story. Made some changes, twisted a few things around...
And I've just written a nice little scene involving a cigar.
Well, maybe "nice" is not the right word, LOL:
I guess we'll see something soon-ish... hopefully in time for St Valentine's Day.